Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Just changed air filter on our tiger cub mower. Now it is

Customer Question

Just changed air filter on our scag tiger cub mower. Now it is spitting sputtering and blowing black smoke. What can cause this. We just recently changed clutch and pto switch. Did we do something?
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Scag tiger cub model STC48V-24BS. Its a 2004
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hopefully yes. We used this service to change the clutch and was very happy of results.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't think so.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check and see if anything was bumped loose or disconnected or damaged when the air filter was replaced as this can cause this type of fault here in some cases.If this is or was checked already and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete