Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 3 year old Exmark Quest. The motion control levers

Customer Question

I have a 3 year old Exmark Quest. The motion control levers are out of whack. Problem has been developing for a while. The last time I mowed I had to move the left control lever full forward to keep the mower from turning to the left. I had to use the right control lever to steer the mower., This affected the speed of the mower. Any thoughts?
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Exmark Quest. Model QTS691KA502
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am reasonably handy. Hoping I can fix it myself. Dealer would take at least 3 weeks.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of at the moment.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today. Please bear with me for just a min while I form my reply to you.

Expert:  Joe replied 3 months ago.

Have you already checked level and or replaced drive hydro oil for the pump on that side?

Have you checked control arm adjustment and not not loosen?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hydro oil level is indicating "full" at cold temp.
Not sure how to check control arm adjustment. I have looked under the seat and see one thing that looks like a shock absorber and another that looks like a rod, both of which seem to be connected to the control arm.
Expert:  Joe replied 3 months ago.

If you jack up rear wheels and put on jack stands with control arms in neutral position both tires should be at a stop, but just to a stop and not beyond and also not able to still turn at this point, adjust the arms to rods that connect to the hydro pumps. Preform until both are at same location and controls arms when in use are equal.

Try that first and see if that resolves the problem, if not we can further proceed.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated. Rating is the only way the question completes and without rating it is still an active question.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!