Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a simplicity legacy club. My mid pto to my mower deck

Customer Question

I have a simplicity legacy club. My mid pto to my mower deck will not spin my blades. When I disconnect the drive shaft I can easily spin the pto. I do not believe I should be able to do this. Any idea does it sound like an internal gear is bad?
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Simplicity legacy xl 27 hp
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i would like to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is a 2002
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Would need to get number off your deck, but here is 54 inch gear box for Legacy. If the input shaft turns and has no output, the inner gears are damaged . See parts link below.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's not the gear box on the mower deck. My tractor has a rear and a mid pto. The mid pto drives the mower deck. The mid pto on the tractor is not turning the shaft.

need your model number!