Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a gas engine mulcher with a chinese engine. It has

Customer Question

I have a gas engine mulcher with a chinese engine. It has electric start facility.
The electric start OFF/ON/START switch wires got disconnected. So also the Kill switch push button wires.
The OFF/ON/START switch has three pairs of solder points. The two wires from the middle pair go to the engine. One wire(white)goes to Positive terminal of the 12V battery and an engine component. The second wire(Black) goes to an engine part. These two wires(white and black) go the same component unit in the engine.
One wire from push button kill switch goes to chasis(12V battery negative).
I need your help in connecting the following two wires from the engine. I believe one wire should go to the ON/OFF/START switch and the other to the second terminal of the Kill switch.
First Wire comes out of the engine as a brown wire goes through a plug connection and comes out as a WHITE wire. Where should this white wire be connected?
The Second wire is hanging loose as a Black wire. This black wire is soldered on the other end to two wires from the engine a Black wire and a Yellow wire. This Yellow wire from engine goes through a plug and comes out as a black wire at the junction. The junction point has three black wires in all. Where should the free hanging Black wire be connected?
Thanks for the help.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, do you know the mulcher equipment make and model? (MTD)