Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and small engine diagnostics and repair - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Deere D140 and last night the driver belt came off

Customer Question

I have a John Deere D140 and last night the driver belt came off when mowing, took the deck off and replaced the belt with a new one I had. Got the belt around all the pulleys and the deck back in place but when trying to attach the belt to the front pulley on the mower the pulley will not spin for me to feed the belt around it.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: thanks Pearl..
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope just need some answers to this problem for now.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Bare with me while I pull up the belt installation instructions for you.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Click on this link

Belt installation

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Use the above three links depending on what size deck you have. Please take a moment and rate my service once you have all the information you need.