JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

Just recently bought a Toro recycler 22" and ran it for a

Customer Question

Just recently bought a Toro recycler 22" and ran it for a total of about 5 hours. I shut it off for a minute and now it won't start. Just to be sure I went and got some fresh gas & the oil level is good. Could I be missing something or do I need to take it back to The Home Depot?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

If the machine is less than 30 days old, return to Home Depot. Anything over 30 days they will not accept. try to spray starting fluid or carb cleaner in the air intake of carb and see if it fires up briefly. If so, its a carb issue, most likely clogged jet. If under 30 days old, I would just return for a new one while you can

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
As I expected. You gave the best answers you could give so that would be 5 stars but $18 dollars to say what I already knew is not good. It's my bad though, I was hoping against hope there was something I could have overlooked.
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

It is something that can be repaired by you, but being as though you recently purchased, I would honestly let the Store deal with it or let the warranty dealer deal with it. I am a TORO DEALER in my area, and If a machine comes in from a Big Box Store less than 30 days old, I refer the customer back to them, as it is better for the customer to take it there and get a refund or replacement as it is much quicker than waiting on TORO