Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a cub 3000 series when I take off to mow my blades…

Customer Question
I have a cub...

I have a cub 3000 series when I take off to mow my blades slow way down but sitting still they work fine

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I just got the mower a week ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a 1998 3205

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When you push the throttle all the way open it does the same thing work great at half throttle

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its a 1998 3205
5/12/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Does the front pto belt tighten up , so it does not slip under load? See link below.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Does the deck belt stay tight? Or is the engine loosing power when blades are running?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Belt stays tight and engine runs good doesn't change

If blades slow , there has to be slippage from one of the belts.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah I agree but I have put all new belts on and still the same. Could there be a vacuum leak

The vacuum could be leaking to the front actuator. Have you checked actuator to see if it will hold vacuum?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It works but I can see it move when the blades slow down

Actuator has to be capable of holding vacuum , if it does not, the belt will start slipping.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Do you have a hand held vacuum pump to check the actuator?

I see question is still open, did you find problem? Please rate to close the question and get me credit! Thanks!