JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

How hard is it to replace the control cable for the personal

Customer Question

how hard is it to replace the control cable for the personal pace feature on my mower
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 8 to 10 years old Toro 22 inch recycler personal pace mower
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just that the cable is broken
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

Is this rear wheel or front wheel drive? front wheel you will need to remove the cover and slide cable out of the holder. you will see it once cover removed. rear wheel is easiest if you can cut the old cable and you will need to move the spring hook around until it comes out of the hole on the transmission. It is a relatively easy task once you see how the old ones are attached