Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Guardian generator Model 0094-3, IMPACT-36+. When I

Customer Question

I have a Guardian generator Model 0094-3, IMPACT-36+. When I try to start it the fuel solenoid operates and the starter engages enough to shake the unit but releases. If I keep the start button pressed the starter just keeps engaging and releasing. I think that there is a load on the battery but I'm not sure. This happened once or twice and the starter caught but now it won't. I don't hold the start for more than four or five hits because I don't want to burn anything out.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: I use it regularly fjor hot water and my refrigerator uses it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is a bolt on I may be able to but I'd feel better taking it to a mechanic if there is one available in my area.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so, I suspect a relay or starter motor
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

with voltmeter test battery voltage, does it drop below 8 volts when you engage the starter?If it drops much below 8 volts, battery or cables are bad.