Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I've just fitted a new 310000 to my Westwood T1300. However,

Customer Question

Hi, I've just fitted a new 310000 to my Westwood T1300. However, the old engine was removed by our local mechanic who then refused to fit the new one saying it wouldnt fit. It did fit perfectly after I had to cut away a bit of the bonnet to make room for the new exhaust. Anyway, the old wiring loom has a blue wire, a black wire and a big red one that I do know goes to the base of the starter motor. There;s two more wires running into a double connnector which seem to match up with a similar connector on teh new engine so I'm not to concerned about those. But where do the blue and black wires connect up. Both have circular connectors on the end for going onto bolts.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

new engine has the blue and black? Where are they connected on other end? Or are they in the plug?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Wiring loom has the blue and black, I don't know where or what they were connect to on the old engine. New engine has a short red cable with a connector on it coming from the solenoid. Should I connect the blue cable to that and the black to an earth ?

Red wire should be the power wire that would go to the fuse, and then to the keyswitch.

Bat or B terminal on keyswitch is what color?

See Briggs manual above, start about page 20 to see the wiring.

I see question is still open did you see my response? and link to manual?