Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Does the bump feed husqvarna eater have spring action round

Customer Question

does the bump feed husqvarna weed eater have spring action green round piece under line reel and if its not spring loaded would it still have spring bump feed action piece under reel / husqvarna eltach 128lc gas weed eater ...my buddy claims he read on box that it is not bump feed but i believe he is not correct ...he uses string then stops and fiddles with string to try to advance more string out ...i believe he is mmiss reading box and it said to not bump the weed eater too hard ...cirtainly it is not made with a cup that stops the over bump too protect the unit so it does not get damaged ...JUST TRYING TO TEACH HIM HE IS IN DANGER OF WEED EATING HIS STUBBOURN MULE HEADED 54 YEAR OLD IM NEVER WRONG ATTITUDE CAN YOU GIVE ME UNDERSTANDING SO I CAN RUB IT IN FOR A FEW YEARS ....I BELIEVE IM ALWAYS CORRECT BUMP FEED OR NO BUMP FEED IT DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH SPRING TENSION TO STOP ANY OVER POWER MULE HEADED NOVICE I READ IT ON THE BOX KNOW IT ALL HE NEEDS LITTLE SCHOOLIN OLD SCHOOL STYLE ...THANKS PLEAS AGREE WITH ME JUST CUZ ...LOL THANKS...KJ MASTER OF ALL ONE LOOK I'LL EDUCATE HIM GUY.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: NO I JUST LOOK AT THE SPRING BUMP UNIT FROM 200 FEET AWAY AND DIAGNOSE IT ITS NOT RIGHT HE IS SO MULE HEADED I'LL USE LITTLE FORD AUTOMATIC TRANY FLUID IN THE MIX WHEN HE FIRES THAT BUMP FEEDER UP I'LL BE VIDEO TAPING THE SMOKE SCREEN THAT TAKES HIM OUT ...SERIOUSLY IM WATCHING HIM WRESTLE WITH THAT LITTLE WEEDER SEEN AN OLD FELLA DO THAT I EXPLAINED ITS BUMP FEED HE THEN TOLD ME HE HAS BEEN STOPPING AND TAKING IT APART TO ADVANCE STRING FOR 7 YEARS ...LOL TRUE DO YOU THING TYP F TRANY FLUID WOULD BRING LITTLE LEVETY TO MISTER MULE HEADED NO BUMPIN BUDDY OF MINE OR SHOULD I JUST LET HIM GO ON MAYBE BREAK 7 YEAR NO BUMP FEED RECORD SET BY OLD COGER / REALY /
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: NOT SURE IT DEPENDS ON IF HE REALY WANTS TO EVER SELL HIS HOME ITS HIS PUPPY IM JUST HERE TO ADD MUSCLE TO HIS THINKER ITS NOT NICE TO LET BUDDYS GO THRUE SO MUCH HARD FRUSTRATING PISSER OFFERS IT JUST NOT RIGHT I NEED LITTLE BUMP FEED RESOLVE IM NEEDIN TO ADD TO MY I TOLD U SO IN FRONT OF EVERYONE JUST CUZ LIKE I SAY HE JUST WILL NOT BUDGE IM LEANING TWORDS TURNING THAT QAIR GAS MIX SCREW JUST ENOUGH THAT IT STARTS FOR 5 SECONDS BUT WHEN HE SQWEESES THAT THROTTLE IT PUTES HIM RIGHT BACK TO TUGGIN HIS LITTLE STRING APAIN ...UR CALL TRANY FLUID IN MIX OR SCREW DRIVER TAD ADGUSTMENT ON IT OR LET HIM GO FOR SEVEN YEAR RECORD ../
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: ...YES BUT I THINK I GOT WHAT I NEEDED JUST WANTED TO RUB IT IN I'LL LEAVE THIS PAGE OPEN ON HIS PC THANKS ...
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. It should be s bump and feed yes .