Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

How to install a belt on a 1987 Murry 4008 push mower, It is

Customer Question

how to install a belt on a 1987 Murry 4008 push mower
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Murry 4008 , 30 yr old, 1987
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

4008 does not show as good number, do you have a longer renumber/ Murray makes so many different models and the older ones are hard to locate information.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is the model number taken off the mower KM8007 7 21981X12. I also need to know where I can locate a belt, if available. I live in Cleveland, Ohio 44135.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not wish to talk to you now. It is 10:30pm here.

21981X12- OEM #37X49- 4HP B&S Drive Belt- (3/8"x 40-1/2"), this is only listing I can find that shows any part of the model. Take tape measure, and run around the outside of the old belt, or on the pulleys ,if you have no belt and read the outside dimension. Is it close to the 3/8 X 40 1/2 belt size shown?

<table width="100% cellspacing=" 0"="" cellpadding="0" bgcolor="#E3E3E3" style="font-family: "Times New Roman";">