JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

Why does my troy built, zero turn mower blades stop turning

Customer Question

why does my troy built, zero turn mower blades stop turning while the pto is still engaged. the belt is on correctly. it is like the pto disengages on its own. could that mean the pto is low on fluid.
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: the model number is ***** or 17aa5abp766. the serial number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i dont know at this time.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i let it set over night and went out side the next morning and i started the mower, i then engaged the pto to see if it worked. it did work so i went on and started mowing. it stoped on me again. i could not get the pto to engage after that. i dont know if i let it set for a while if it will start working again.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Could be many factors here. What is the voltage at the battery ( amps) Low battery under load. Could also be switch and/or clutch.

Let me know about the battery and we can go from there

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Sorry for delay. For some reason it didn't send when it should have