Steve
Steve, Mechanic
Experience:  ASE auto mechanic that fixes his own small engines
13523613

Which way is off on the red fuel valve under the seat of a

Customer Question

which way is off on the red fuel valve under the seat of a 27 hp briggs and stratton kubota zero turn mower
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: dont have it with me sorry
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes mower wont start and i believe its fuel related
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: dont worry about it im going to go and get exact specs thanx
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic will figure it out.
Customer: I have a Kubota model # ZG127E seial # 13 0123YG 02155 . It will start and run for a few seconds if I put fuel directly down the intake but will not start or run otherwise. I removed the fuel shut off silinoid and it is functioning when the key is turned on and off. This is the 27 hp briggs and stratton model. any ideas? thanx
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.

When the handle on the fuel valve is parallel with the fuel line it will be in the on position on a straight through design. If the valve is threaded into the tank then the lever would be parallel with the threaded end when on.