JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

My Craftsman riding mower engine, a &S Platinum Model 44R677

Customer Question

my Craftsman riding mower engine, a B&S Platinum Model 44R677 type 0021G1 runs in surges. How can I correct this?
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is less than 1 year old. A craftsman 42 inch mower. The motor is a 22 hp.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't think of anything.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

this is most likely caused by a partially clogged carb jet. You can try some mechanic in a bottle, but I would suggest remove carb and cleaning it with carb cleaner manually as it is most effective. Before you remove carb check all springs and make sure they are not stretched

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

not a problem. Let me know if you need anything further.

Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL