Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Our briggs and stratton 550 power washer wont wsuck up soap,

Customer Question

our briggs and stratton 550 power washer wont wsuck up soap
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: had trouble last yeAR BUT WAS LATE IN SEASON SO DIDNT WORRY ABOUT IT. JUST TRIED TO WASH DECK SIDING TODAY AND NO SOAP
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NO
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

You have to use the largest nozzle or it will nt work. If you have correct nozzle, the locate the check valve in the pum, where the soap hose goes int the up. The chedk valve may be stuck, It has to open on th eumps suction stroke, and cose on the pumps pressure stoke. If this does nothappen, no soap is sucked in.