JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

Pressure washer cuts off from start to run, Homelite 2700,

Customer Question

Pressure washer cuts off from start to run
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Homelite 2700
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We had it worked on last year and this is the first time it has been run this year...to answer your question it depends on the problem.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Cannot think of any at the moment
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Start mode is also choke. If it will not run off of choke or start, the carb has a clogged jet and will need to be cleaned, possibly rebuilt. Use carb cleaner an compressed air if you have it avail. to you as it helps in cleaning the carb better .

make sure t clean center of carb god as this is the main jet in the carb

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We are novices...how do you clean the carburetor? Will the manual address this issue, or is it generally done at a local repair shop?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We may not have all the items here at the house...The washer runs great eccept when trying to switch settings. My grandson is doing the work and he is not a mechanic...(knows computers up-side-dow. :)
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Will take it to Home Depot as my grandson does not feel comfortable in doing the repairs himself. Thank tou though for your time.
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

I understand, have him search YouTube.com for a video. Just search for clean pressure washer carb and there will be many many videos to give a visual instructions.

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

All you need to clean carb is a can of carb cleaner and a few tools if he changes his mind