Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a small Karcher power washer and the rotating part

Customer Question

I have a small Karcher power washer and the rotating part that fastens the hose to the machine leaks. Has been for at least two years and now I would like to fix it. I like the Karcher but a great deal of water goes to waste while I'm using it. What are my options and are instructions available for how to do it?
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Several years. I only use it maybe once or twice each summer. It is a pretty sever leak
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. I do my own work around the home
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. That's it.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Model number of unit? Or do you have owners manual with parts list. The inlet connection usually is a replaceable part , and can be replaced.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where do I find the model number? Does it start with LR? There are numbers on the yellow cover but none that designates a model number. Thank you

What is on the outside case? Looking for a K-????

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The only K number I could see was K2.55. Sorry for the delayed response. Out of town.

See # 1 on housing page for new inlet elbow. Link is above.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I see something on the housing page that resembles the part that I would need, but on the page it is called "Housing replacement complete". Is this the part I need? If so, how do I go about obtaining the part? Why do I feel as though I'm corresponding with a computer?

I'm real. The parts are available from the same site that has the parts breakdown. Let me link it. and yes , you need the # 1 housing complete)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you, Curtis. Glad to know you're real.

Thank you! Please use te rating system to close the question and get me credit!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The part is so expensive that it is not cost effective to replace it. A simple elbow plastic part. Thank you for your attention to this matter,
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please send me a final accounting of how much was charged to my credit account. Thank you, ***** ***** of this was your fault.

You will have to contact the site, I work from home as a contractor, but looks to be $18

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's what I thought. Thanks Curtis. All the best.