JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I was using my troy bilt Bronco for the first time, and hit

Customer Question

I was using my troy bilt Bronco for the first time, and hit a small stump. The machine shut , down and will not start again, the starter will not even engage. Further investigation reveale that the blade on the right side is bent badly,. How do I get it started, or do I wait to change the blade?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes, the engine ran for a few second after I hit the stump but very roughly, and then just shut down,. When I turn the key I get absolutely nothing.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

Follow the red wire from the battery to the starter solenoid. try jumping the solenoid by placing a screw driver on both poles together and see if machine will turn over. Make sure to engage parking brake and have key turned on. If it turns over, the solenoid is bad. If not, check the fuse

Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

I see question is still open. Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL