Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

6.75 HP mower will not start. Help, Tank is full. I added

Customer Question

6.75 HP mower will not start. Help
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Tank is full. I added sea foam before trying to start it. Before putting mower away last fall I added fuel stabilizer. I replaced the spark plug too. Not sure where shut off valve is so it must be open.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hopefully. It's only 2 years old (Craftsman)
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've tried everything I could think of, except clean air filter, which I'll try next.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Remove the spark plug and put a teaspoon of fuel into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug, then see if it will start. If it starts and dies, fuel is not going through the carburetor.