Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have g1-a3 gas golf cart it has new battery, solenoid s

Customer Question

Have g1-a3 gas golf cart it has new battery, solenoid s voltage regulator got it to run once it acts not enough juice turn over and solenoid s just click fuses are good cleaned all connections . Please help
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: On and off for a week it sat in barn for a while. also replaced pedal switch
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It sounded good when it started last night
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Fresh fuel gave a little help to to get it started wheels off ground it ran on its own for several minutes until I let off pedal it did no stop right away
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Did it start, or was it just the starter turning the unit? You say it acts like no power to starter generator? Have you check ed voltage to the starter from the solenoid? Does it get full battery voltage?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It ran on its own for a couple minutes when I let off pedal it ran about ten seconds before it stopped. Tried again starter generator struggled to turn all connections are tight

Is this the two cycle engine? Have you ran a compression test?Starter may be bad, and not spinning like it should, but would have no affect as to it running after start.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is it possible that the brushes are bad?

brushes would affect the starter / generator, but it still would not affect the engine running. Seems like two different problems.