Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Ran out of oil, put oil in, won't start up, cord won't pull,

Customer Question

Ran out of oil, put oil in, won't start up, cord won't pull
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes and yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The starter cord won't pull
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. What is the make and model of the equipment?

Remove the spark plug , if it will not pull the motor is seized . If you take it to a shop they will tell you it's dead but on some engines you can free them up , first you need to remove the spark plug and shoot wd40 in the cylinder, then I fill the cylinder with oil by pouring it in the spark plug hole , let it sit then try to turn the blade reverse rotation, now some times if the connecting rod may already be broken

It's a 50 50 chance but worth a try