Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

We have a Deere LT 160 and the grass is clogging and not

Customer Question

We have a John Deere LT 160 and the grass is clogging and not suctioning up into the bags. The thing to hold the bags is cracked. Is this causing the clogging?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Thank you!
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My husband only sharpened the blades.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: There are also holes in the bags that he has clamped "shut".
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Bagger is not part of the tractor, do you have model # of it? Was it working before the blades were sharpened? Holes in bags should not affect clogging, may be blades on wrong, or a deflector under the deck broke or missing. Has under side of deck been checked for damage?