Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have a cub cadet 1430 magnum 14 Koehler engine runs fine

Customer Question
for awhile but it seems...
I have a cub cadet 1430 magnum 14 Koehler engine runs fine for awhile but it seems after about 15 min and I engage mower it starts missing and shuts off
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes to all
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I checked spark and plugs made sure was getting fuel changed fuel filter does this tractor which is hydrostatic have an electric clutch or something that could be getting hot and cAuseing trouble
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
4/18/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 7 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

yes it has a electric clutch , but that would not cause that

what you are describing is the coil is getting hot

and failing , then it opens and loose spark and kill engine

I suggest to replace the coil , air gap is 0.010

I hope this helps you

Hi If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

That is the only way I get credit for the question

Or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time

If you need more info use the INFO button

Not the Poor/Bad service

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you

Please remember to rate my answer

or the money you paid stays at JA

and I get nothing for my Time

i changed coil like was suggested by you now it shuts off even quicker and cant engage mower deck at all
i already payed so now i need an answer not another bill because the first answer didnt solve anything except costing me 75 on top of ur fee
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

For engine to die , it has to lose spark or fuel. From what I see , the carburetor dos not have a shutoff solnoid like some models do. And replacing the coil made it worse! assume you set it about .010 inch from the flywheel surface. Go to the new coil, and unplug the small kill wire and see if engine will continue to run.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician