Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have 2011 troybilt xp and it will not start. I have

Customer Question

I have 2011 troybilt xp and it will not start. I have replaced battery and solenoid.. it ran out of gas while mowing and since then nothing. No po wer no crank .norhing.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Fuel in tank and fuel clean shut off open.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. I feel it might be pto switch or other switches?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It does nothing wgen you turn key. It worked fine till it ran out of gas while moving. Whith the pto down and blades running did it mess these switches up?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Have you checked the single fuse for the ignition system? Located near the starter solenoid , will be on the smaller wire coming off the same terminal of the solenoid as the positive battery cable, goes to fuse and to keyswitch. You did not damage the switches. If fuse is ok, do you have a voltmeter to check for voltage at keyswitch?

Did you see my response?