JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have a new Professional 8,5 190 cc and it will not start

Customer Question

I have a new Professional 8,5 190 cc and it will not start because the piston is not getting gas. The unit has no choke.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: no shuf-off valve on the unit
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: This unit was only used 2 times and I'm not sure. I will have to do it if not under warranty
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: n
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Manually put fuel or spray into the cylinder and see if it will fire up.

If you can spray fuel into the carb and/or cylinder and it will run briefly, you have a carb issue. You will need to remove the carb and clean it internally. The cause is a clogged jet, and it is not able to pull its own fuel to continue running. once carb is clean and free of debris in the jet(s), it should operate as normal. VERY COMMON ISSUE

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do I clean the carb?
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

will need to remove the carb and clean with carb cleaner. remove the bowl from carb and clean all opening and jets you see with cleaner and compressed air if you have it