JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I've got a STX38 tractor and the blade will not always

Customer Question

I've got a STX38 tractor and the blade will not always engage. It seems to ok when it's cold but when warm it is of and on the just off
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: as far as i can tell the belts are ok
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet I'd like to fix it myself if it isn't rocket sicence
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: You know this is a riding mower
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Sounds like either the PTO switch is going out or the clutch. No way t o tell being as it is a hit/miss happening. Check all wiring from the pto switch to the clutch as you may just have a bare wire that is grounding out to frame at times. If not, I would replace the pto switch and see if problem continues as switch is much cheaper than the pto clutch. If it doent fix, I would for sure say it is the clutch

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL