Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

After a time in storage I'm having trouble starting my Honda…

Customer Question
After a long time in...
After a long time in storage I'm having trouble starting my Honda 160 cc mower with automatic choke and throttle. I pull the chord and it wants to run (combustion) but very quickly dies. I've pulled the carb 3 times and cleaned it. Initially the bowl was full of varnish, and some of the wholes in the emulsion tube were clogged, but it still does the same thing now that it's clean.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
4/1/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 1 year ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
The problem is that your carb has gone bad. There is more to it than just the main jet, and there is varnish in other parts of it.
You could try a dip type carb cleaner, but you will most likely just have to install a new carb.