Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a poulan tractor i have replaced two solenoids. the…

Customer Question
I have a poulan...

I have a poulan tractor i have replaced two solenoids. the mower works for a while and then wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes, yes. is there a possibility that the starter or ignition is ruining the solenoid

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The tractor sat for three years. I had it tuned up and they got it running with a new solenoid. Two months later it stopped starting and i replaced the solenoid myself. A few weeks later it would bnot start

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 1 year ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Normally a solenoid is ruined by a low voltage battery. Anything in the electrical system can ruin the solenoid though. Its one of those parts where there is really no 100% for sure cause.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The battery was tested twice and reads good
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
could it be an ignition switch or starter ruin a solenoid

Yes it can be ignition switch. Double check all electrical connections to make sure all are tight and connected good. A loose connection is the number one thing that ruins them. Its just hard to be 100% sure on exactly

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, will do later. How long can I ask questions without additional cost

I will keep this open so you may ask any questions you may have .

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL