Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I can't start my riding lawn mower. I put in stabilizer over…

Customer Question
I can't start my...

I can't start my riding lawn mower. I put in stabilizer over the winter but I tried to start it until the battery ran down. I recharged the battery, but thought I should see if I can put some carburator cleaner in before I tried to start it. I don't have an engine manual and I can't locate the engine model. The serial number is ***** Another number is ***** What advice do you have for me?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Forgive my ignorance. Where is the shut-off valve? The fuel is clean.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I'm not happy with the local Simplicity dealer. He took a month to return my lawn mower when a belt broke.

Mechanic's Assistant: This sounds important. The engine expert I'm going to connect you with is terrific and will definitely help you with this. Anything else we should know before I connect you?

No thank you.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
3/21/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 1 year ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

remove the spark plug and put in a teaspoon of gas in the hole

and start again, if it runs for 2-4 sec then is a clogged jet in the carb

let me know,

HI

Just following up with you

did my answer help you ??

Let me know, please

HI

Is this issue resolved ??

still need help ??