Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Howdy, my auto choke feature isn't working properly on my…

Customer Question
Howdy, my auto choke...

Howdy, my auto choke feature isn't working properly on my Husqvarna mower. The engine is a Honda GCV 160. It floods and dies it sits it starts, so I know it's the choke...

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes on all the above

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Have been and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just how to fix the auto choke

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
3/21/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 1 year ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

there is no fixing the auto choke, only replacement is avail. Most likely the Wax cylinder has gone bad. Once it dies, is the choke still closed on the carb?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I haven't checked that. I know when I let it sit for a bit it starts and runs again. I'm able to mow until the carb floods then I let it sit. There is a part in between the carb and block that has a plunger, I sprayed carb cleaner in it and work the lever back and forth to see whether or not it was sticking. Is this the auto choke part? What's the small nipple (purple looking, about a 16th in. diameter in the block beside the spark plug do in correlation to the plunger?

that is the wax cylinder. that is what controls the auto choke system