Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have A Husqvarna ts422 awd rider which is now struggling

Customer Question
to climb hills that it...
I have A Husqvarna ts422 awd rider which is now struggling to climb hills that it used to do with ease
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just recent
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends how complicated it is
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Small Engine
I should have added that the problem is transmission related not anything to do with the engine.
Just went and checked the model no. and it is R422ts AWD
1/29/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 9 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

does this happen after running awhile, or from the start ??

when first started it sometimes won't stop moving forward when I take my foot off the pedal but I have not noticed much difference in hill climbing abilities after running for some time

Thank you for that

What you are describing is 1 of 2 issues

Check the fan above the trans,

make sure no blades are broken or ii fact it is moving

if they are , Then sorry to tel you the trans is failing

I hope this helped you

Hi If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

That is the only way I get credit for the question

If you need more info use the INFO button

Not the Poor/Bad service

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you ??

let me know, please

Hi Wayne
On closer inspection the drive belt was worn and when it was replaced the problem went away.

Thank you for that

did you see the belt when you inspected the fan

Glad it is going for you

Hi If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

Not the Poor/Bad service

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder