Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Perkins 3cyl diesel engine replaced head and all vales are

Customer Question

perkins 3cyl diesel engine replaced head and all vales are tight can,t hand crank engine have #1 cyl tdc on compression stroke which vavles do i adjust first and what is settings for exhaust and intake valves thank you
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: motor blew a head gasket so we replaced head also
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes we have te head on now but can not hand turn crank
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes torque settings on head
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Back all the valves off, so engine can be turned. Do you know engine model number? Need that to get correct valve settings. To set valves, pick any cylinder that one of the valves is down (open) and set the one next to it, that is up (closed) After setting valve, turn engine until the set valve is now pen, and the opposite valve is fully up. Set the second valve on same cylinder, then move on to the next cylinder, and repeat. This will work with any engine and you do not have to worry about which valve is next!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
replaced head and all valves are tight don,t know valve setting and sequence on 3-cyl perkins diesel

Did you see my response? I need the model of the Perkins engine! 3-152?

Here is link to valve settings.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?