Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a "Family CLCTS 1361SN 136cc The intake valve is

Customer Question

I have a "Family CLCTS 1361SN 136cc The intake valve is stuck open. Is it possible to repair that without replacing the head?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: It ran for 3 years. This year it never started due to the stuck valve.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: There is fuel in the tank. There is no shut-off valve. The fuel was clean this season.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: That is the plan. I have repaired many small engines, but I have not repaired an overhead valve small engine.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I do not think so.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

remove the rocker arm on the stuck valve, turn the piston down, so it is not too close to the valve, then il the valve stem and tap the valve with a brass or rubber hammer, to see if it will free up. You may have to pry the valve up, but keep working it till it frees up. Should be no reason to have to replace the head, just free up the valve.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It will be three days before I can do that as I am going out of town. I will try the solution this weekend

OK>

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will follow the directions on my own. Do not think I need a "live talk"

Me either! Computer is fine with me!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I freed up the stuck valve. I put the engine back together. It has an electric start. At first it only had 4 lbs pressure but it went up to over 100 lbs. It did not start. I checked and it has fire and there is gasolene on the plug. It would not start.

Did you check the valves for clearance?

I see question is still open, did you find probelm?

I see question is still open, did you find problem? If it has spark and fuel and will not start, check the key between flywheel and crankshaft.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I removed the head and found no observable problems. I checked the flywheel timing and it appears fine. I cannot see the flywheel key, but the timing appears fine. There are caps on the valve stems, but the one on the intake is missing, maybe it was lost when the blower was taken to a shop locally. I am going to take it to a friend in WI today and get his opinion

OK>