JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

Curtis, I was using my Ariens Machine and went to change

Customer Question

Hello Curtis, I was using my Ariens Machine and went to change gears from forward to reverse and nothing happened tried forward again and that now did not work. With machine in
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: neutral I was able to move the machine in gear it was locked Motor still ran
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just that it looks like a shift problem?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 9 months ago.

What is the model and serial number of this machine? Does it have a belt and/or chain? Have you checked these if so, as it is the most common issue when you have this problem. Since it will not move while in gear, it tells me the transmission I working correctly, but part of the drive system is not, and this is usually caused by a belt/chain/cable issue. I can tell more after model and serial numbers are received.