Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

On snow blower blades will not turn... belt pulley and pins

Customer Question

on snow blower blades will not turn... belt pulley and pins are okay..?? what do I check next?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just this morning, as I was snow blowing the driveway, then it went "clunk" and the blades stopped... I checked the pulley system, and that seems to work fine, and all the pins are intact.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am not sure if it is the cable that controls the blades, and don't know if it has enough tension... How do I check this
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

As for checking the cable, the easiest way to do this is the engage the lever and check the tension on the belt with the lever engaged. If the belt is tight then your cable should be fine.

Can you manually turn everything? Does it turn easily by hand? Have you checked the shear pins in the augers?