Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a generac 4760. The power went out and it turned on…

I have a generac...
I have a generac 4760. The power went out and it turned on but there was no power in the house. The electrician determined that the circuit breaker was tripped. Perhaps we overloaded the generator.
Now, the 4 red lights are flashing but I can't set the exercise timer. The generator will start in manual.
12/15/2016
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 5 years ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
Most of the time when this happens, it is because the proper procedure was not followed to set the exercise timer. Let's start from scratch.
Set the switch to "OFF".
Pull the fuse from the control panel.
Wait 1 minute, and reinstall the fuse.
Set the switch to AUTO.
Press and hold the Set Exercise button until the gender starts. This may take several seconds.
Once the gender does start do not shut it off. It must be allowed to run through an entire cycle and shut itself down. This will be about 12 minutes.
If it is not allowed to run through its cycle, the timer will not be set.
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician