Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My Rugenerator was and has run great but just stopped last…

Customer Question
My Rugenerator was and...

My Rugenerator was and has run great but just stopped last night. Turns overfine but won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Runs off of vehicle tank no shut off and the fuel is running my engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I plan on doing what it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Hrained and that turned

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
11/28/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what is your response to above?

Can you remove the spark plug and see if you have spark when cranking? If it has spark, put a teaspoon of fuel direct into the cylinder, re-install park plug and see if it will start for a few seconds. If it does, no fuel is getting to the cylinder. Remove the fuel line at the carburetor and see if you have fuel flowing from the fule pump and tank.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll try that. I thought it had to be a supply prob. clogged filter?

Maybe filter, easy enough to check it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll ck. Unfortunately in a blizzard right now!

Heat wave here! 75 degrees!