Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Honda 6500is generaltor that will not start. I turn

Customer Question

hi. I have a Honda 6500is generaltor that will not start. I turn the key and get nothing The battery is fully charged
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: It wont even trun over
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am not sure. Depends on what it is
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not really
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

do you have a voltmeter to test the battery voltage? Does it drop when you turn key to start? Do you get any sound from starter solenoid? If not ,locate the ignition fuse and check it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Battery is fully charged. I also tried testing the fuses with a buzzer. They too are fine

If you follow positive battery cable to the starter solenoid and jump from the cable terminal to the switch terminal on the same solenoid, do you get starter to turn?