Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

LP ONAN GENERATOR IN CAMPER ALL OF A SUDDEN HAS VERY LOW

Customer Question

LP ONAN GENERATOR IN CAMPER ALL OF A SUDDEN HAS VERY LOW COMPRESSION, NOT ENOUGH TO UNSEAT THE DIAPHRAM, NO GAS FLOW THROUGH REGULATOR. DOES THIS USE A COMPRESSION RELEASE THAT COULD BE STUCK ON, IT WILL RUN IF WE SPAY 2+2 IN INTAKE SYSTEM.
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: ONAN MODEL 2.5KVFA26120L, S/N L040719570 39 HRS ON METER
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES, I RUN A AUTO/LIGHT TRUCK SERVICE CENTER
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: WILL BE GLAD TO PAY FOR ACCURATE INFORMATION. BUT WOULD RATHER DISCUSS ON PHONE. MY CELL #(###) ###-####JOHN NAZ, NAZ AUTO REPAIR INC MAPLE SHADE NJ. WWW.NAZAUTO.COM
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 8 months ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

whhat model engine

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
WAITING FOR YOUR CALL
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
JOHN
Expert:  Wayne replied 8 months ago.

Hi

Sorry for the delay

JA site is having issues

I can not call at this time

we will work from here

Plus JA charges a extra $26.00 for the call

Expert:  Hank F. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

Yes, this unit has a compression release system. There is a centripetal flyweight mounted to the crankshaft inside the crankcase.

The most common cause of a bad decompression system is a worn or disconnected return spring on the flyweight.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK I WILL CHECK IT OUT, I WOULD REALLY RATHER COMMUNICATE BY PHONE. MAYBE JUST ANSWER IS NOT FOR ME. CAN U GET TO SPRING WITHOUT MAJOR DISASSEMBLY ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I WILL GLADLY PAY 26.00 FOR PHONE COMMUNICATIONS INSTEAD OF EMAIL.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 8 months ago.

The spring is located inside the engine block. The block must be separated to get to the release mechanism. It is not going to be an easy job.

The genset would need to be removed from the coach and be completely disassembled to open the crankcase.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
DISAPPOINTED I CAN NOT HAVE A PHONE CONVERSATION WITH A GENERATOR TECH. I ANSWER MANY QUESTIONS PEOPLE HAVE ON CARS AND LIGHT TRUCKS OVER THE PHONE. THAT IS BUSINESS AND THAT IS HOW I MAKE MONEY. I TURN MINUTES INTO DOLLARS.. I AM A AUTOMOTIVE TECH OF 38 YEARS. IF U COULD PLEASE CALL ME AT(###) ###-####I THINK IT WOULD BENEFIT BOTH OF US. JOHN @ ***-***-****6
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
pleae call john @***-***-**** for some further questions. will gladly pay extra for phone conversation. r u gettting
this email ?
Expert:  Hank F. replied 8 months ago.

If you wish to receive a phone call, you must accept the phone call request that you were sent.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hey Hank, I have accepted your phone offer. However, there is an error message that says, "Sorry, the Technician is unable to call you right now, but is still available for this online conversation. You have not been charged for the phone call."
Expert:  Hank F. replied 8 months ago.

You will need to contact Customer Service to have that issue taken care of.