Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

The mower tries to start, but stops within seconds a have

Customer Question

the mower tries to start, but stops within seconds a have taken off two different covers. the governor arm appears to have no resistance is that normal. also I have changed the gas and air filter but no luck. I'm I headed in the right direction
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Governor has no resistance unless engine is running. Have you removed the carburetor float bowl and checked the amount of fuel coming into the bowl? Sounds like the fuel is not adequate to keep engine running.

I see question is still open, did you find problem? I suspect the needle valve passage in the carburetor is swollen and fuel is not getting through.