Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My controller will not turn on it is a DDC 6 it has power to

Customer Question

Hi
My controller will not turn on it is a DDC 6 it has power to it but no display
Thought it may be a fuse but do not know where it goes
Please help
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Toro controller has two 9 volt batteries, shown to be under the water proof cover on page 4 of the operations manual . see attached below.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Curtis
I checked the manual you sent me but that is not my controller,mine is a DDC 6 and that one is a DDCWP I do not have a place for 2 batteries
Anna

?? like this one?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
that is the one, we just have no display at all, replaced the battery already We have just bought this house but I think the controller is not more than a year old
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do have that manual however it does not show me how to remove cover form display panel also if a where a new fuse is to be located. I know some controllers have fuses do not know about this ine

Shows no fuses. just the 9 volt batteries, have you replaced them? Do you have 110 power to the unit?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
we have power to switch I have checked that, the retic was working last summer, the previous owner turned it off for the winter, we moved in in September but now it will not turn on there is no display on the controller at all

Get to the 9 volt batteries and replace them.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Curtis
none of this is helpful, it is not your fault I rang where the controller was purchased from it is still under warrenty so I will go down that line
Thank you

OK . Thanks!