How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Curtis B. Your Own Question
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Category: Small Engine
Satisfied Customers: 28092
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
Type Your Small Engine Question Here...
Curtis B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can Rope Pull Be Replaced With Electric Start?

Customer Question

I have 12.5hp I/C B&S on a wood splitter, with rope pull. Can I replace the rope pull with electric start? Any web material on the conversion?
I am mechanically able. The Model #(###) ###-####E1. Vertical shaft. Pump on bottom for hydro fluid.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Starter is available ,you just need to be sure your flywheel has teeth, or you will need another flywheel.
You can add just a battery for starting with a remote solenoid, or you can add a charging system. I think I can come up with a diagram if you want it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I had reviewed the diagram Technician provided earlier, Don't need charging system. Think I have my answer now. Thanks!