Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

What carburetors can I shop for that will work on the 5000 e

Customer Question
procan gas powered generator,,the one...
what carburetors can I shop for that will work on the 5000 e procan gas powered generator,,the one i have is continuously running for 15-20 min. , with filter and cutoff balve,.. ,plastic tank cleaned out,, easliy floods
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: onan 5000 e pro
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes for right now
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: new battery
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
11/7/2016
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 1 year ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will try to help you with this

what is the make and model of the engine,Please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi

I can not call at this time

we can work form here

Also JA charges $26.00 extra for phone call

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just text or email, ,don't call. .ASAP

Hi

do you have the auto choke on the side

and solenoid on the bottom bowl

let m e know, Please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have pictures on this phone,,the choke is manual, ,the silonoid actuator is attached to the side of the head
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Onan 5000 e pro generator

Look at this link

do you see nay that looks like your

click here

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you trying to help find a carburetor or help troubleshoot the one I already have? ??
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I don't see one like the one on my machine

HI

I read it as you wanted a new carb,

if this is the case ,I strong urge you to rebuild it

they are $250.00 Plus

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you locate a rebuild kit, ,please, ,onan m/n 5egheb/38018a???

Morning

here is the kit click here

Hi. If this helped you,

Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more stars.

I do not get paid for question, unless you rate my answer

If more info is needed, use the reply button -

NOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE

Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 1 year ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Sir, that is not the carb kit for your unit.

That kit is for some RV generators, and will not fit your portable unit.

The book is not showing a rebuild kit for your unit.

If you let me know which parts you need, I can get you the part numbers.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just ordered it, ,Can I get back with when it arrives on this same note. ..??

Sir, you can certainly reply back to this thread.

But as I explained in my reply to you, the carb kit that the other expert gave you a link for is not the correct kit for your carb - it is not even close.

That carb kit is for certain BF, BGA and NH series of RV gensets. It will not fit your portable unit.

Onan does not list an actual rebuild kit for your carb, but individual parts may still be available.

Also, when you decide to leave a rating, please remember that the rating is for the experts performance - not for the site itself.

If you wish to rate the other expert, you must scroll back up to one of his answers, and rate him from his answer box.

If you wish to rate my performance, you must do it from my answer box.

Hank F.
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician