Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have a Toro T25, it ran out of gas, and I was out oil, so

Customer Question
I only put gas in...
I have a Toro T25, it ran out of gas, and I was out oil, so I only put gas in the tank it ran for about 5-7 min and died. So I emptied the gas went and bought the oil & gas mix now it will not start again.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Where is the shut off valve?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: You did not tell me where the shut off valve is?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
11/2/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks

Running with only gas and no oil mix, you may have ruined the piston rings and sleeve. Remove the muffler and look into the cylinder for damage. Or run a compression test, and needs to be over 125 psi. If not, cylinder and rings are bad!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, how do I access the muffler?

Remove the # 40 cover, exposing the two muffler bolts,remove them and muffler assembly will come off.

I see question is still open, did you find problem?

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician