Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I am trying to repair the throttle assembly on a used my

Customer Question
I am trying to repair...
I am trying to repair the throttle assembly on a used wood chipper my father bought.
JA: What's the make and model of the chipper? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it has a B&S model number(###) ###-####e1 engine
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. I believe the issue will be simple once it can be diagnosed. there is no linkage between the throttle lever and the cam that actuates the control on the carburetor.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've reviewed the schematics and nothing shows how its supposed to be assembled. I can account for all the springs. Again there just no linkage from the throttle lever to the interior cam so the throttle is in permanent full open on the carburetor.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
11/2/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

how does it compare to this model? Yours is a periodontal engine, but carburetor and linkage is very similar. Is there a spring missing? May not be a solid link. Can you attach a picture of what you have?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No springs are missing. If you review the schematic there is no link between the throttle lever (262A?) and 227. Part 632 is connected between the carburetor and 227 correctly. The end result is the throttle lever has no way to move the cam #227.

Where are you getting the schematic with the numbers you list?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
On line from multiple sources with the engine model I gave you.
I could sent it to you if you wish.
The exploded views don't show how it should look properly assembled.
I can send a picture of actual assembly as well.

Actual assembly would help! The model shows all the various options, and as you see, none are shown in there assembled state! Did you look at the two links I sent?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm outside with the machine using my phone so thanks for being patient. The links I saw originally didn't match up very well. I'm going to try and send you a picture in a moment.

OK>

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just a still picture and video via text. The video might take a little bit to get there. When you view that you'll instantly appreciate that the throttle lever has no link to the cam that is linked to the carburetor.

OK> I will be watching!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did you receive the photo and video. They were sent almost immediately via text when we were communicating last.

It the need to be attached to the communication. I see nothing attached. Sorry. There should be an attaching mechanism on your side. On my side it is a tree or paperclip icon.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. I'll see what I can do. Wish I knew you had a problem.

OK>

I see question is still open, did you find linkage problem?

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician