Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a craftsman DLT 3000 model

Customer Question

I have a craftsman DLT 3000 model number#917-273811;serial#041704D007565, it has no power to starter or lights. Is their a fsible link and where is it ?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Yesrterday and today
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Iwas running mytractor yesterday and turned it to talk to neighbor and then it would not start,no juice to the starter . I used a charger set on start to no avail /No power to starter or headlights.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes and Yes
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

It does have a fuse, in owners manual , it says under the hood, but from my information, the battery is under the seat, so the fuse is next to to the battery. On the wire from the positive side of the starter solenoid, will be red wire, with fuse, that goes to the keyswitch. Do you have battery voltage to the keyswitch? If not, the fuse or the fuse holder is bad

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no

Battery under the seat? Remove the battery to find the fuse.