Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

YTH 150, SERial 052798D 001341------ Prod 954-14-00-07 Mower

Customer Question

YTH 150
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: SERial 052798D 001341------ Prod 954-14-00-07 Mower was running good and put up after use. When tried to start approx. 10 days later would not start and blew fuse. Replaced fuse and tried to start but blew fuse again. Now after replacing a 20 A fuse with, what the owners manual states as a 30 A, engine turns over but will not crank. Have checked fuel pump and replaced fuel filter. A good burst of fuel comes out of connection at carb. Also bowl is full. Have cleaned the Nikki carb. and checked twice. As I read from anoher customer, Maybe it is the solenoid. What do you think?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes and Yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: None that I can think of.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

What is the engine make and model? Do you hear or feel the electric fuel solenoid in the carburetor click, when you flip key on and off? This fuel solenoid can be shorting gout, and it has to retract or fuel does not go through the main jet.

Kohler CV15? engine? Here is carb.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Kohler Command 15
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Carb is a Nikki. Do not hear a click when I turn on ignition. Is solenoid repairable or must I just replace?

Solenoid can be replaced, but not repairable.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm going to explore the faulty solenoid possibility and will resume conversation later.

OK>