Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2006 cub cadet 6284 tractor with a 1.1 catapillar

Customer Question

I have a 2006 cub cadet 6284 tractor with a 1.1 catapillar diesel engine on it and on its first start up it runs as should be expected but once you get it warm from use and shut it off and then try to restart it starts up but will not idle up no matter what you do but sometimes you can turn the pto on and it will start working properly but it doesnt always work using the pto to help idle up. but if you let it set and cool down for a couple hours it will start up and run fine again tell warm . then if you shut it back off you go through the same process
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Not much shown on the engine..What does the engine kill look like? Engine kills with key? If it does, it has electric fuel shutoff solenoid, usually just to the left of the injection pump body. This solenoid may not be opening when it needs to. Locate it, and when engine will not start/rev up, loosen it and slip it back, to see if engine will run. If engine runs ok, the solenoid is sticking.

Looks something like this on a Kubota.