kwiggins29059
kwiggins29059,
68360881

I have a 1988 deere 322 with gas yanmar engine. there's not

Customer Question

I have a 1988 john deere 322 with gas yanmar engine. there's not a nikki carburater rebuild kit available for this ? Has the model 6100 nikki on it
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: I'm sure its original yanmar engine. Always has ran good till last week. Changed fuel filter, fuel pump and air fiter
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Starts and runs till engine warms up. Then shuts down
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, the accelerator pump rebuild kit can be found here and the carb kit here, double check against the pictures to make sure the fuel bowl gasket matches.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Haven't taking the carb off yet. So can't compare float gasket yet. I'll check this before ordering parts.

Just let me know if it doesn't match, most all of these late model 6100's do use the kit I posted with the exception of a few that have the different fuel bowl.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok I'll check and see. Your pretty sure this will solve the issue ? Didn't want to install parts and then be something else.

To make sure it's the carb what you will need to do is check for spark when the engine is hot or try to start it after spraying some starting fluid in the air cleaner. If spark is not present or it doesn't start with starting fluid you'll need to look into the ignition system.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It starts and runs fine till engine warms up. About 3 minutes. So it's getting spark. That's why I'm not sure if it's fuel or ignition problem.

The test above with the starting fluid will confirm. Once it runs for the 3 minutes and shuts off try using starting fluid. If it does crank its a carb issue. If it doesn't crank it's ignition related.